Software Engineer, Growth Team
Technologies & frameworks
- Data Structures
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working
- Sponsorship available
To sum it up...
We at Growth team work with our entire subscription revenue product suite end-to-end by building the front-end and back-end services and systems. Our goal is to ensure that our current profitable and rapidly growing subscriptions business runs flawlessly (we grew by 1000% in the last 1 year) while empowering the org to execute on future product road maps. Our team also has a deep knowledge of Play & App store APIs and have been featured speakers at Google's subscription partner days and Google Playtime where we have detailed ways to grow and retain paying subscribers.
As a Back-End Developer, you will play an important role in the Growth team , working with team to help us enhance our back-end domain.You will play an important role in the team on getting the next million paid subscribers across developed and emerging markets
What we expect:
- 3+ years experience in software development with Java and/or Scala
- Experience of working with microservices, architecture, and patterns
- Experience of working with non-relational databases
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good English skills, oral and written
What you'll work on:
- Enhancing the backend powers subscription products for Android and iOS.
- Design our backend to be highly performant while juggling millions of requests every hour.
- Adding features and hooks to sell more subscriptions and to engage and retain paying users
- Adding new features to the app to make it a better product in new markets and achieve a better product market fit - the backend plays an integral part of orchestrating features, campaigns and segments.
- Adding features and hooks to grow, engage and retain new users (paying and non paying users)
It would be great if you have...
- Knowledge of Play framework, Google Cloud Platform, Reactive systems and REST
- Using database like Cassandra and knowing Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker and Spark
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred)
- International team - 20+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Today, Truecaller is loved by over 150 million daily active users around the world and is the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments. At Truecaller, we strive to make communication more safe and efficient around the world. We give you the ability to conquer new challenges, work with big data, an international team, and the opportunity to build a career you love. Join us in our mission to make the world’s best communication app.