Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working
To sum it up...
We are looking for a functional programmer (Clojure / Java) to join our team. This role is based in New York City or Remote. You will be working alongside our Engineering and Product teams. This is an opportunity to partner with proven entrepreneurs and help build and grow a venture-backed startup in the Marketing and Voip space. You will be a core member of the team building and scaling a Voip product on the cloud.
In this role you will be pivotal to helping design and operate environments that enable fast-paced development and deployments while achieving high availability, resiliency and security. We run a microservices architecture in a containerized environment on AWS. You will also collaborate with Product to add new features and expand the product offering.
- 2+ years work experience as a software engineer
- Experience building highly-available and resilient backend services
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Authorized to work in the US
What you will work on and develop your skills:
- Work on the JVM and in Clojure
- Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
- Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, CodePipeline, etc)
- Work with containers (Docker)
- Continuous Delivery / Deployment
New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English
PhoneWagon is a beautiful and easy to use call tracking software that helps businesses improve their marketing spend by placing unique local phone numbers on each of their different marketing campaigns. Businesses can turn off campaigns that aren't working and for the campaigns that are working, they can quickly test new ads to further improve ROI. PhoneWagon is suitable for agencies and small businesses that are looking for an online call tracking solution to understand their customer behavior and monitor the progress of their marketing campaigns. PhoneWagon also allows businesses to communicate with customers through text messages, both manually and automated. An example of an automated text message would be for a business to send a text message based on an event like a missed call. This engages prospects and prevents them from calling the next business on the list further improving ROI.