Front End Engineers
Technologies & frameworks
- functional programming
Benefits & perks
- Pension contributions
- Diverse management team
- Japanese speaking lessons
- 2 months relocation/housing
To sum it up...
You will be working with colleagues and other teams to build and improve a variety of services and features for internal and external users, such as: MyPaidy.
MyPaidy is Paidy’s single page application for consumers. What started out as a simple payments dashboard, is growing into a full application where consumers can review and manage the increasing number of payment solutions Paidy offers.
We provide frontend experiences for merchants that make it as easy as possible for them to receive and manage their Paidy payments online. All of our merchants participate in doing business online, and payments are an essential part of their process. Reducing friction here is what it’s about.
Paidy Admin, Paidy’s internal tool used across teams to investigate and manage merchants and consumers, payments & charges, partners and settlements. We aim to increase our efficiency through investment in internal tools, and each of those tools has its own unique set of frontend engineering challenges.
- Familiarity with creating B2C user experiences
- Experience with financial or payment product
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- You enjoy building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Flow, and Webpack
- You have team-based software development experience, and enjoy working with different stakeholders
- You care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
- You enjoy being a generalist working on anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- You actively seek better consumer experiences and make design proposals through wireframes, sketches and mockups
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
Paidy was founded with the mission to create a world of “We remove the barriers, embrace simplicity”, offering its real-time monthly consolidated credit service all across Japan. Paidy started Japan’s first instant post-pay credit service for ecommerce consumers in October 2014. Paidy requires no pre-registration or credit card to use; Paidy consumers purchase products online using only a mobile phone number and email address (verification is established though a four-digit code via SMS or voice pin-code) and settle a single monthly bill for all their purchases, either at a convenience store, by bank transfer or auto debit. Paidy also supports multi-pay installments and subscriptions. There are currently over 2,000,000 Paidy accounts in use (March 2019)!! Paidy has proved a powerful means of persuading first time buyers to transact online. Its proprietary models and machine learning mean that transactions are underwritten in seconds, with guaranteed payment to merchants. Paidy increases merchant revenues by reducing incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating easy repeat buying.